Originally posted by TexasRN: I don't know whether there are ghosts or not. Wouldn't be shocked either way.
I have three comments about this thread:
1. Several individuals on this thread claim to have had numerous encounters. Then there are people like me who have never had one. Is this coincidence, a result of some people being more receptive to spiritual things, or a result of some people having over-active imaginations or just being a little crazy? I can't say, but I do know that I have been in old graveyards, old houses, and places where deaths have occurred, and I have never seen or heard anything I thought was a ghost.
2. Several of the posters tell of very strange and frightening events and then say they continued to live in the house or turned over and went back to sleep. WTF? This makes me wonder if the person's memory is a little embellished. Because if what they say happened to them happened to me, I guarantee I would not turn over and go back to sleep and I have a hard time believing anyone could. Not calling anyone a liar, just saying I don't understand it.
3. The guy who posted about the satan worshiper needs to inform the police.
1. I don't know what you'd classify the encounter I had....ghost/angel/real person. All I know is I saw him, spoke to him, and the other person who should have, didn't. Then he disappeared. All on a golf course in broad day light. My experience could have very well been a real person. But, then how do you explain him walking 5' behind another person on asphalt on a deserted golf course and the other person not hearing him walking so close? How do you explain the kid disappearing in under 7 seconds with absolutely no place to go but straight down a path......a path that would take a champion sprinter 7 seconds to run. I know what I saw was real, but I just haven't been able to find a logical explanation for what happened other than the kid I spoke with being an angel or something. Just a trippy story all around!
2. I agree with you. If I ever saw something float or heard footsteps in a house no one else was in.......I'm G-O-N-E!!! I have absolutely zero interest in having any of those kinds of experiences.
3. As for the Satan worshiper story, that was mine as well, though I was not directly involved with this woman. I did however, mention that the couple that studied the bible with her went to the authorities regarding her stories. That story gives me goose bumps. The fact that the couple woke up in terror and the sister called to say she'd dreamt a demon was dripping something on them while they slept just freaks me out. In the Bible, it talks about being inhabited by 7 demons if you give yourself to Satan.
Iceman - Of all the stories on this thread, I like your little boy on the golf course story the best. I wish that happened to me.